Day 2 Photo-diary:
Day 2 Schedule:
- Wake up and enjoy the buffet brekkie in the beautiful, old-world elegant dining room.
- Do the Temple of Baal Cave Tour! It was just incredible.. not much walking at all, being in awe of the ethereal formations and taking in the history of that cave and its early explorers. The names of the formations are Biblical in nature, as the extraordinary young man who discovered them was Christian and inspired by figures and events from the Bible. It was a Sunday morning, so there were only about 8 people which made the atmosphere even better, almost reverent. Highly recommended.
- Drive to the Carrington Hotel in Katoomba and snoop all around the grand Victorian building, transported to another era. So beautiful!
- Grab lunch at a local eatery and walk (the very LONG walk) down to Echo Point and the Three Sisters.
- Explore, explore, explore! Mindfulness. Clarity. Breathe. I adore the sounds of the birds that rise from the forests and valleys below.
- Back to base to unpack and change. The drinks were calling and plush armchairs inviting in the sitting room near the bar. Chat and drink, like a sir!
- Check out the Old City Bank Bar – wood-fired pizzas (delish!), chess, more drinks.
- Nightfall .. admire the Carrington, fall in love all over again. Prepare a spa with skincare and edible treats.
- Quiet time.
It’s been a while since I’d intended to post this up! I have just started full-time work as a perioperative nurse with orientations finally out of the way, so things have been a little hectic and exhausting (this calls for another post).
Day 3 coming soon! 😉